Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Food for Thought....


"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the
goals, adjust the action steps."



Last week was a killer!  It reminded me why a timeline is detrimental to a project.
   Each part of a project has to happen in a sequence.  If one of the sequences is off schedule, it throws the entire project timeline off.  If your team doesn't understand the important of adhering to the time schedule, then you have major problems.   My projects always run so smoothly that I don't worry about whether I will finish, I just always know it will get done as planned.  When you work in a new place, with new people sometimes things don't go as planned.  Let's just say that last week was one of the most frustrating weeks, I have had since I began my design practice.  As a result of the schedule being off, all the things I had planned to get done did not get done.  I don't have pictures to post of the project because I was so tired when I left the house, I forgot to take them.  However, when I go back I will be sure to take some and post them!  The painting is finished, the new lighting is hung, the mattresses are finally in the bedrooms and one shipment of furniture has arrived!  
The second shipment will arrive this week.  Great artwork is ready to be hung!   
Things are finally coming together!   


"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the
goals, adjust the action steps."


via


One thing for sure...
You are only as good as your back up plan!






Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a time! But here's to things *finally* coming together ... and less frustrating weeks going forward!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!