Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Objects of Driftwood by Maine Artist Michael Fleming

Vacationing at the beach always reminds me of the gifts from the sea.   As we walked on the beach today, I looked at the all the beauty around me.   There are so many inspirational things both on the shore and in the dunes.   I am drawn to driftwood.  I think of it as beautiful natural sculptures of wood.   It's no wonder that I artist Michael Fleming's work so appealing.  He takes driftwood he has found and creates beautiful furniture, art and lamps.  I wanted to share some of his creations with you.  Originally a carpenter, Michael desire for designing and working with wood  grew deeper when he found beautiful silvery, sculptural driftwood on the shores of Maine.  Michael says he is drawn to the mystery in the pieces which he uses as the foundations for his designs.  He gathers pieces and sometimes immediately know what the piece will become while others wait years for their purpose to be discovered.  He was featured in this month's Coastal Living and has been featured in Trendesign.  
Here are some of my favorites of Michael's designs.  He also takes private commissions.
You can find more on his website here.

Michael Fleming



Michael Fleming

Michael Fleming

Michael Fleming


Michael Fleming

Michael Fleming

Michael Fleming

Michael Fleming
Take a minute and check out Michaels website at Designs Adrift.
There is something special about art, accessories and furniture created out pieces of nature!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Shannon, I love them too! Motivates me to scurry around and look for driftwood while I am here at the beach, how bout you?

      Delete
  2. Very skilled artist! My favorite pieces would be the tree with a steel base and the long reach lamp. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that he is working with nature, Lisa. Isn't that long reach lamp to die for!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!