Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fresh Flowers Always Make a Difference....




Mom's dining room



My Mom, Maggie


Yesterday, My friend and fellow blogger included me in a post on her blog called "Mothers Know Best".  She invited several bloggers to share advice they had received from their mothers that they thing makes a difference in their lives.  You can see the article in it's entirety  and read advice from some of my other design blog friend's moms at  Emily A. Clark!  Here is the advice I shared from my mom, Maggie...


One of the most important lessons my mom taught me was to "make memories" with your children. Some of my favorite memories made with my mom were when she signed the two of us up for classes, at the local community college on Tuesday nights, when I was in high school. Not only did I learn how to arrange flowers, weave baskets, knit, and many other things, but I was able to have that special time with my mom making memories I will never forget.  And, the best decorating advice my mom has ever given me is to always use fresh flowers. They cheer up a room and make a room more welcoming, more inviting even if the room is not perfectly decorated.


What are important lesson or pieces of advice your Mom taught you?
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to make special memories with your children! Love the idea of fresh flowers in a room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jean! Hope you are having a wonderful day! The sun is shining in Charlotte!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Lisa for the link. And, I didn't know your pretty mom's name was Maggie. That's my 6-yr-old's name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Em! Her name is actually Magdalene but everybody calls her Maggie. I would have used it but by the time I had a girl by brother had beaten me to the punch! Maggies are always sweet I think!

      Delete
  3. I think learning new skills with your mom would definitely create some wonderful memories for the two of you to share. Your mom's arrangement is gorgeous. I hope you both had a happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Elizabeth, I think you probably learned quite a bit from your mom as well! This was a bridesmaid's luncheon we did for my niece but my mom has fresh flowers all the time.

      Delete
  4. So lovely, Lisa! Thank you for sharing with us. In terms of my design and antiques biz, my mom told me to think twice and buy once!! And, I share that with my clients as well. Buy what you love.....and do it when you are ABLE to. xoxo, Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great advice from a sage woman, Loi! No wonder you have such a good eye for design, sounds like you learned from someone who was a good teacher! Hope you are having a great day!!

      Delete
  5. Lisa, your Mother is just the cutest! Encouraging you to always learn something new is great advice. I agree with the fresh flowers–love the smell and texture. Happy Mother's Day!
    xo, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank You Lissy!!! She is adorable and always full of fun! I see all those fresh, live flowers around your place too!!! Happy Wednesday! Off to exercise!

      Delete
  6. Some sage tips from my very own Mother;
    Always make your bed
    Everything in moderation
    Never do for your children what they can do themselves
    You don't need money to be clean
    Be proud of doing your best
    Find happiness daily
    Give kindness
    Share healthy meals
    xo
    pve

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!