Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"Dishing With Dana"

I am so honored to have been featured on

"Dishing with Dana"

 Thank You Dana Helms and SocialNorth for allowing
 me to share my story.
Dana Helms ~ @themrshelms


I'm happy to introduce you to Dana Helms today!  Most of you probably know Dana already, but if you don't, this is a lady you need to know.  Dana is an amazing writer and social media maven.  Her profile on SocialNorth, where she is known for her writing "Dishing with Dana", perfectly describes her as a social butterfly.  She has an eloquent way of floating in and out of social media conversations supporting her connections with words of wisdom and often serves as a cheerleader to those that need direction or encouragement.  I was so honored with Dana contacted me for an interview for her feature.  I hope you will enjoy getting to know more about me through Dana blog. I want to thank Dana for allowing me to share my story. 


Here's a taste of the story, but you'll have to click on the link below to read the entire story...

Going for gold when life delivers unbelievable loss…

We’re honored to welcome Lisa Mende, nationally published interior designer, blogger, mom and three-time High Point Market Style Spotter.
 SocialNorth welcome submissions from everyone. Visit our Writer’s Guidelines and share your expertise with our community.
Dana Helms: Can you tell us about how you got started doing what you’re doing now?
Lisa Mende designsLisa Mende: I graduated from Meredith College in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1981 with a degree in home economics and a concentration in apparel design/fashion merchandising. I worked as a buyer for a regional clothing chain but the hours weren’t conducive to family life, so I reevaluated my options. I’d helped friends with their homes and returned to school for interior design in 1995 and launched my own design firm in 1998. I happily ran my residential design firm until 2009, but in May of that year I lost my 22 year old son to a kayaking accident on the Tallapoosa River near Auburn , Alabama. I was so devastated by his loss I was unable to work for two and half years. I truly thought I would never work again……..

Dana brings excitement and awareness to the social media party.  Make sure you get to know Dana on her social media channels on TwitterFacebook or LinkedIn.  You will find an amazing woman and genuinely sincere person. 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your interview, Lisa. So hoping to meet at the market in April!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!