Monday, October 13, 2014

TIeks for Breast Cancer Awareness


Thank you tieks for the precious pink ballet flats!  I will wear them proudly in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  I have been a die hard "tieks fan" since 2011!  Click Here to read a blog post I wrote about tieks in 2011!!!  I remember the first time I found tieks on Facebook.  They had less than 2,000 followers!  Wow!  That has certainly changed.  I posted about tieks here.  Once my original tieks arrived I posted a second post about my comfy tieks.  Click here to read the second post!  tieks are my shoes of choice when I want comfort with style.   I must be honest and tell you....I adore tieks!  If you don't own a pair, what are you waiting for?  Once you get your tieks you will wonder what you were waiting for.  They are bar none the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.  I still wear my first pair!  As a matter of fact, I have them on now!



 {click to continue reading....}



tieks is working with the American Cancer Society to help educate women about early prevention and support women affected by the disease. Did you know that -

  • -In the U.S., 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
  • -Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer.
  • -Every 15 minutes, a woman dies of breast cancer in the U.S.
  • -When breast cancer is detected early in the localized stage, the 5 year
  •  survival rate is over 95%.
  • -It has been estimated that if every woman over the age of 50 had her yearly mammogram, breast cancer deaths in this age group would drop by 25% or more.
  • Ways to increase your chance for early detection:



tieks donates to breast cancer research, and various charities year-round and is asking their customers to join them in wearing ballerina pink tieks this month to bring awareness to breast cancer!


(Disclosure: I was sent a pair of pink Tieks but all opinions are my own. Especially since I bought
 my first few pairs of tieks and have been wearing them since 2011!)
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I have not tried these yet Lisa, and am so excited to experience the comfort of Tieks and the great cause!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I hope you are enjoying your new studio space! Thanks for your part in helping to raise awareness. This disease has affected all of us.
    Take care -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Loi, sorry I'm so late responding! Catching up on emails this morning. Thanks for checking in. Yes it is a terrible disease. Hope you have a great weekend! ox

      Delete
  3. i didn't know they had a special pair for now - i'm BRCA+ so i'm ALL about these types of things - gonna head over now to the site!!!! - thanx for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! get yourself a pair. they are awesome!! oox! good for you! you are remarkable! ox

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!