Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Fun Food Ideas for New Year's Eve!


Credit Via
I have shared that I don't like to go out for New Year's Eve.  Every year I try to think
 up fun ideas for fun treats to let my family know how much I cherish spending the last
 night of the year with them.  Here are some fun food ideas that I plan to
 have on New Year's this year!  


Easy Crostini Bar
Love Rue's crostini bar for appetizers on New Year's Eve created by Claire Thomas.
Click here for the recipe and ingredient list.  I would aire towards heartier
 meats for my family since I am feeding three males.  



Individual Layered Mexican Dip
My boys love layered Mexican dip on New Year's Eve, but it can be messy. 
 Since we will be gathered around the fire in our family room, I think I'll make
 individual servings like this.  I also think these are good for parties because not only
 do you keep the spills at a minimum but with flu season, it might be smart not to share
 dips.  Find the recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything by clicking here!  My boys
 also like buffalo chicken wings but I don't enjoy making them, so instead I make
 Franks Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip.  They love it.  Click here for the recipe 
 It is always a hit each time I make it.  


Brie Stuffed Mushrooms from The Pioneer Woman
I plan to make these Brie Stuffed Mushrooms from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations
 I love how The Pioneer Woman breaks down holidays and provides easy to
 make recipes for every occasion.  Half my battle of cooking is trying to decide
 what to make.  Thanks to Pioneer Woman I get a little help with planning delicious
 meals my family loves!  



Warm Pear and Blue Cheese Tart
I like to offer a sweet option for New Year's Eve and this tart from 
Tyler Florence's book "Eat This Book: Cooking With Global Fresh Flavors" 
is the perfect!  I don't know if you are familiar with Tyler Florence but I think
 he is fabulous and I love this book.  If you don't own it already, buy it now.  
You will thank me!  I may make the Chicken Parmesan from this book for our entree
 for New Year's Eve.  I haven't decided if I am going to cook a meal or nosh on
 appetizers.  I always have a big meal on New Year's Day so we may
 stick with appetizers for welcoming in the new year.

Pears and Bubbles
My drink of choice will most likely be champagne!  I found this easy but festive 
recipe for Pears and Champagne on SpoonForkBacon here.  If you aren't into
 pears you could also add raspberries or frozen grapes or blueberries to make
 your champagne more festive. Uncertain of the best champagne to buy?  Choose
 the best champagne based on your budget according to The Thrillest or 
Food and Wine.


My husband's favorite drink is a Manhattan.  Some say the Manhattan has by
 passed the Martini as a favorite drink ordered in bars now.  With the rise in
 popularity of bourbon this drink has become a front runner with drink connoisseur. 
 My husband prefers his manhattan made with Woodford Reserve.  
Click here for Esquire's steps to the perfect manhattan. 

Interested in the history of the Manhattan?

The original Manhattan was made with Tuthilltown Hudson Manhattan rye whiskey
 To get the original Manhattan recipe click here and read the history of the Manhattan
 in the New York Times.


Tuthilltown
According to Tuthilltown Distillery.... "Until Prohibition New York was known for its rye whiskey. This feisty spirit was the basis for the legendary MANHATTAN cocktail, made famous by Jenny Churchill (Winston’s Mum). Rye had not been produced in New York for over 80 years, but Tuthilltown Spirits’ HUDSON MANHATTAN RYE WHISKEY signals the return of the quintessential New York Whiskey. Their rye is made from whole grain rye one batch at a time. It is not the blended rye whiskey your parents used to mix with soda. This is honest rye whiskey. HUDSON MANHATTAN RYE is bottled at 92 proof. It is fruity, floral and smooth, with a recognizable rye edge that leaves no doubt the origin of the spirit. Each bottle is hand filled, capped, waxed and numbered. 


If you don't have a good bartender's guide try this one,
The Craft of the Cocktail by Dale DeGroff.  I think it is fabulous.
  Click here to read reviews on it and to order.  If you order quick you
 may have it on your doorstep tomorrow just in time for
 mixing New Year's Cocktails.



Since the kids cannot partake of the cocktails why not create a "kidtail" for them!  

Credit Via
Try milk in a champagne glass with a homemade cookie!   I'll wager
 some of the adults will want this as well!  What is better than at midnight
 than milk and cookies?  

What are you planning for New Year's Eve? 

Want to mix drinks like "Mad Men" here's your guide click here! 

Are you having a party and need help stocking your bar?


Want to stock your bar cart to be "at the ready" anytime?  Click here!

Off to the grocery!

Tory Burch - Extra 25%off Sale Items!
One Kings Lane
 Free Shipping on Orders over $100
Neiman Marcus Save up to 60%off & Free Shipping courtesy of Visa
Nordstrom "Twice as Nice" Earn Double points! Free Shipping!
ShopBop Up to 70%off
C. Wonder Semi Annual "Big Wonder Sale" Free shipping over $100
Serena and Lily 75% off "End of Season" Sale
Kate Spade Saturday "The Party On Shop"
Diane Von Furstenberg Up to 50% off on Selected Styles!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lisa, a wonderful assortment of New Years treats!! Enjoy!

    All the best in 2015!!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!