Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankful,Grateful and Blessed Every Day!



It's hard to believe it is the week of Thanksgiving again!  Where does the time go?  It seems like just last week we were at our family cabin for Thanksgiving and here we go again.  Do you ever wish you could press a pause button and savor the moment?  I feel like that right now.    I have one child grown and gone, and the other two are soon to follow in their sister's footsteps and head off for their journey in the world.  In four years, my husband and I will be empty nesters.  Wow, no more school projects or sports events for us.  I cannot imagine how having an empty nest will feel.  I honestly don't want to think about it right now, so I'll move on to the real reason I am writing this post today.

We often hear people say "life is too short" but I know first hand how short it can be and I'm here to tell you, savor the moments for they are fleeting.  This week I will be thankful for the moments, but I will also remind myself that those moments don't happen in one week, but all year long.  We get excited about the "big" day of Thanksgiving but what about the other 364 days of the year?

Henry David Thoreau said, "I am grateful for what I am and have. My Thanksgiving is perpetual."  I want to strive for perpetual Thanksgiving.
I want to make a commitment this Thanksgiving to count my blessings daily, remind myself of how blessed I am and show gratitude daily. 
I invite you to join me!  


Here's wishing you a day of family, fun, and fellowship this 
Sunday and every day.  




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!