Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pantone Announces "Greenery" as The Color of the Year 2017


By now you have heard that Pantone has announced The Color
of the Year 2017 as "Greenery" Pantone 15-0343.   I saw this color quite a bit at High Point Market in October.Various shades of blue from teal to peacock continued to be evident, but green was making an appearance in many showrooms. 

Leatrice Eiseman, Pantone Color Institute executive director, told the New York Times that "this is the color of hopefulness, and of our connection to nature.  It speaks to what we call the "re" words: regenerate, refresh, revitalize, renew.  Every spring we enter a new cycle and new shoots come from the ground.  It is something life affirming to look forward to."

Click Here to read what I think about the color and I'll share with you
a couple of paint colors I have used in this color....




As you can see from my project above completed in April 2014 for the Traditional Home "Terry Showhouse" in High Point, I have had my eye on this cheery green for quite some time!





What do you think?  Do you like the color?  I think it is spot on!

So what are my favorite paint colors in this family?

Try these on for size....


Sherwin Williams SW6717 Lime Rickey
Sherwin Williams SW6716 Dancing Green


I plan to use Greenery in projects this year!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!